The National Council for Community Support
In order to realize the vision of Co-op Israel in the field of the social action, the National Council for Community Support was established whose goals are:
- Community development activities in the neighborhoods with Co-op Israel branches.
- To assist cultural, educational and social initiatives.
- To support disadvantaged populations.
- Develop partnerships with local institutions – schools, kindergartens, synagogues, youth groups, and seniors clubs that benefit the fabric of the local community.
- Promote and create national partnerships In-line with Co-op Israel policy.
The Council gives priority to initiatives that follow four guiding principles:
- Initiatives that assume the cooperative spirit.
- Initiatives that comes from the community (bottom-up).
- Initiatives that have a long-term impact.
- Meaningful social initiatives with a business impact.
The Council initiates activities with a relevance to neighborhood stores - developing innovative and creative ideas and allowing employees to participate in volunteering initiatives for the benefit of clients and the community.